WEDNESDAY 8:00 AM SLT SNAPPING TO THE WORLD GRID
Instructor: Jayden Firehawk
Location: Theatre on Hope 5
Ever wonder how great builders get their prims so perfectly aligned? In this class, students will learn the fundamental building trick of Snapping to the World Grid, which enables quick and precise prim placement, sizing, and alignment as you build. This skill is a prerequisite for most of the other classes in the Building Tricks Series.
PREREQUISITES: This is a Beginner Level 2 class, meaning that you should have basic building skills, including the ability to rez and edit prims, and apply and adjust textures.
It is not necessary to have attended any of the other classes to attend this one. The Building Tricks classes are numbered for convenience but are freestanding, meaning that they can be taken in any order, though it is highly recommended that the Building Tricks #1: Snapping to the World Grid class be taken first. The rest of the classes do not have to be taken in any particular sequence.
Prim Perfect is running a series of Talks and Discussions at the Expo (you can see the full schedule here) and at 5pm SLT today we have the first of our show and tell sessions.
Designers are invited to bring along new work, work in progress or even something old that they think people would be interested in seeing. Last year these sessions were a treasure trove of the weird, the wonderful and the jaw dropping!
We need your help to light a Wall of Hope! By sponsoring part of the walls of the Theatres on Hope 2 and Hope 5, you can make it light up in joyful colors as well as support the fight against cancer.
Once you have claimed your slice of the wall — your Slice of Hope — you can add a commemorative message if you wish. Others will be able to see your message by clicking your slice.
HOW DOES IT WORK? To sponsor a slice, simply:
• Pick an uncolored slice and stand close to it.
• Click the slice; you will be prompted to select your donation. Please note that the minimum amount is L$500, but you may of course donate any amount above that.
• Next, enter your message. Please complete it within 60 seconds. You may change the message later.
• A slice will be sent to your inventory.
• Your slice will light up and periodically change color.
• When you make your donation, a message announcing this will be broadcast in nearby chat.
• When you change your message, it will be announced in nearby chat.
• Others can see your message by clicking your slice.
All proceeds from the Wall of Hope will go directly to the Relay for Life of Second Life.